Monday, March 8, 2010

Bioshock 2

One of the titles I recently bought in my search for a new game was Bioshock 2.

It's just not engaging me.

My issues with it are:
* Story isn't engaging me
* I seem to suck at it, I'm always out of ammo, health, and money
* I lowered the difficulty to easy, and I still suck
* The constant spawning enemies feel like a nuisance, it's like the JRPG deal of random world battles
* The UI and game menus are all very clunky on the PC. You can't easily remap weapons or plasmids. Bringing up the menus has weird pauses in it where the game seems to freeze for a second.
* Bioshock 2 comes mapped with F11 to quick load and F12 to quick save. This is so painful. The first time I hit F11 and lost 20 minutes of progress I went to the clunky menu to check to remap this. You cannot remap this from within the game. I had to do some searching to find out that you can only change that mapping by editing the .ini config file. Ugh.

It does have pretty graphics though, and the trap aspects are fun... but that's about it.

I'm 7 or 8 hours in and the only thing making me want to finish is my OCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment