Tuesday, May 18, 2010

John Rogers!

So I'm reading this new DnD book "Player's Strategy Guide" which WOTC cunningly marketed in some fashion as to make me buy it. I start reading a sidebar about helping to create a background for your character (I've probably read 100s of similar ones.) It's a pretty cool take on it, but it's not a pragmatic approach... the author is describing something that obviously takes some writing talent. So I get to the end of the article and it says "John Rogers is a film and television writer. He created the show Leverage, the story of a party of 10th-level rogues who take on corporate bad guys."

That is so awesome! I love Leverage and it's always struck me as a series I liked only because it felt like an RPG, not like a real model of the world.

Then I look a little farther in to John Rogers (who apparently all the famous geeks like Wheaton hang out with) and it turns out he he also did writing for Jackie Chan Adventures, another one of my favorite RPG-style shows!

John Rogers is the man!

No comments:

Post a Comment